The most recent version of the popular file-sharing app SHAREit has added lock screen ads in the guise of battery optimising software. This means that your lock screen is now hijacked by advertising that you probably don’t want on your phone. So for now, you should either stick to an older APK or move on to an alternative app. Also if you are like me, you can even grab a debloated APK.
An excellent post by Reddit user /u/vepel8 highlights some alternatives that we’ll discuss here in some handy bullets.
- All-in-one app for file transfer
- Sharing links
- Messages to devices connected o the same network.
- Optional Wi-Fi hotspot to send files
- Supports Windows 10
- FREE & no ads
- No unnecessary permissions
- Optional Wi-Fi direct to share files
- Has native apps for Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and the web
- Open source
- To share files using Wi-Fi direct or a Wi-Fi hotspot, you will have to manually turn on Wi-Fi direct/hotspot and connect other devices to that. After that, open the app on both devices to share.
- No PC version
- Open source
- Has a PC version but with a poor UI. The developer is working on it, however.
Pro version removes ads. I am not using it personally. Last time I tried their PC app, It had some issues. You can use free pro version trial and check if it works well for you.