A little over a week ago, we brought attention to the “infinite scroll” bug on Yahoo Answers where, if using Chrome, answers would fly straight down the page before you could even glance at them. After being a known bug for nearly two years now and Yahoo not bothering to do anything whatsoever about it, I’ve scavenged the internet and finally found a simple solution to this mess.
Update 9/22: Fixed by Yahoo.
AdBlock. That’s the way to go. Yes, blocking ads sucks for sites like us bigtime because writers aren’t able to generate any revenue from their content. But we won’t be using AdBlock today to block “ads” specifically; rather, we will be using it to “filter” behind the scenes stuff (aka code).
Let’s get straight to it.
1. If you don’t have it already, go ahead and install the AdBlock extension from the Chrome Web Store.
2. After that’s done, click on the AdBlock icon in the extensions menu and select “Options.”
3. You should be on the settings page for the AdBlock extension now. Here, click on “CUSTOMIZE” at the top.
4. Click on “Edit” next to “Manually edit your filters.”
5. If you have other lines of code already present, don’t worry. Just paste the following two lines of code right after them:
answers.yahoo.c om###dmRosAdWrapper-MainNorth-iframe answers.yahoo.c om##iframe[src="about:blank"]
6. Once that’s done, don’t forget to click the “Save” button.
And that’s it! No more annoying scrolling with Yahoo anymore. If this worked for you, do let us know down in the comments below.
Update 9/22: It looks like this bug has finally been resolved by Yahoo. I guess it only took two years…
Several other users are reporting that the AdBlock tweak is not needed anymore, and that the site functions fine now. I, myself, am unable to reproduce it anymore.
Let us know if the site’s back to normal for you as well in the comments below.
End of Update
Source: Yahoo Answers